LG G3 sending same text multiple times
Jeffeyblue
Enthusiast - Level 1

Phone is sending the same text over and over again when the text was only sent once.  Went to Verizon and they took battery out and put back in to reset.  Still having same issue.  Phone is off warranty.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G3 sending same text multiple times
lmo2312
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not calling it a solution yet as it's only been a day and a half, but I went to a VZW store and spoke to a human yesterday because I couldn't take it anymore. He suggested trying the Google Messenger MMS app and so far (fingers crossed), it seems to be working. It still appears there's a bit of a lag time when sending, but the few texts I've sent have been successful and single copies. So, this is something the folks in this thread may want to try!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jeffeyblue,

I can certainly imagine how that would be quite the inconvenience and we definitely want your device working as it should. How long has this been going on exactly? Have there been any changes to the device since this started such as new apps, app updates, or software updates? Does this happen everywhere you go or in certain locations? Happen with specific messages?

AdamGG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Jeffeyblue
Enthusiast - Level 1

Going on since Oct.  Happens at random times.  I could send a text and it is received once or the recipient could get it multiple times.  I know of no changes to the device.  I recently attached photos to a text I sent and the recipient got the text and photos 300 times.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This information is very helpful Jeff, thanks. Let’s get some more details, and explore ways to resolve this multiple messaging issue. Do you experience this issue when you message in a particular place (home, school, office), or ZIP code? What messaging application do you use? What is your phone’s software version? http://spr.ly/6584BX51I

AntonioC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dewey121590

Mines doing it too. Been for a while. Needs to be fixed. Its embarassing. Im just using the texting that comes w the phone. It happens everywhere

0 Likes
lmo2312
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am having this issue. It seems random and began several weeks ago. It happens both on and off of wifi, and I am using the stock messaging app. My phone has been updated according to all the releases. At first it was just one or two copies of a text, but today my mother received one 70x. This is crazy. Is it a G3 issue? It appears a lot of people are having this problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We’re committed to resolve this multiple text messaging issue as quickly as possible Lindsey. Thanks for the details provided in your post. My resources indicate that first step is to confirm if any third party applications conflicts exist. Please run your phone in Safe Mode and test sending text messages while in Safe mode. Let us know if issue continues while in Safe Mode or if it stops. http://spr.ly/6585BkDDx

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
lmo2312
Enthusiast - Level 2

I attempted your suggestion and texted a contact a couple times. They still received 5+ copies each time. The fact that I don't use or download a bunch of apps, and this didn't work leads me to believe it's a deeper issue than a app conflict. Any other suggestions? I really need this feature to work - we pay a lot of money to have these communication devices work properly. Thanks for your continued help here.

0 Likes
Rick_W

I have the exact same problem with my LG G3. I've tried using both the default messaging app and also the Verizon Message+ app and the issue is npt related to the messaging app being used because the device sends multiple texts regardless of the messaging app.

After sending a text, the app shows "sending" and never changes to "sent" while the destination receives the text over and over again.

This is deeper than the messaging app and needs a fix ASAP.

0 Likes
Jeffeyblue
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon guy/gal, So what specifically is Verizon going to do to fix the problem for us?  It's great to be "sweet talked" but need specifics.  This is more than a take the battery out and put the battery back in or clear cache or try safe mode issue.

0 Likes