verizon screwed me!
Jaaukama
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just joined Verizon coming off of T-Mobile... When I signed up I repeatedly explained to my sales lady I could not do anything over $200 a month after she got done with us again I clarified... She said that total with the 3 phones and our service and tax it would not be more than $180... I felt pretty good about that than with my first bill Bam! Nearly $300 so I went back and a guy was working I explained to him that this was NOT what I was told it be and we again went over the bill... He also said it be $180 and that the first month bill was the highest due to activation and prorated of the last month.., not happy paying the $300 bill but figured he was right.., than Bam again another $300 bill so instead of talking to the ppl at the store I called up customer support and explained to her what I was told she went over my bill and she reinsured me that it was $180 and she told me that the 2nd & 3rd bill be high but after the 4th bill it be $180.., annoyed and felt like I had been played an idiot I payed $300 for the next couple months and BAM got my bill again and it was $300 so I called up CS again this time the lady told me that was my regular bill and it would not be $180 like the rest had said. Now I feel like they lied to keep me stuck,.. Is there anything I can do? I dont feel like I should have to pay off the phones to go to another company since not only 1 but 3 people were blowing smoke up my butt... I love my phone and the great coverage but I made it clear that I could not afford this type of bill...

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: verizon screwed me!
rcschnoor
Legend

I don't know what to tell you. I find the prices very easily for service and the cost of phones before I make a purchase and seeing a breakdown of the cost for each phone so I can possibly choose a less expensive phone if need be. Monthly payment prices are listed next to each phone and price of service is also clearly listed. I don't understand how anyone could be fooled.

Untitled-1.jpg

$80/month data plan and 3 x $20/month line access fees = $140 with taxes/fees of ~$20 for a total of ~$160. What 3 phones with ALL payments combined totaling ~$20 did you purchase? I'm sorry I just don't see it. Did you also get insurance on those phones at ~$10/month/phone???

Good luck.

View solution in original post

rcschnoor
Legend

You don't say what phones or how you purchased them. You don't say what plan you are on or what your data allowance is. If you would elaborate on those items, people on here could possibly help you.

Since you appear to be a new customer, I assume you are on the Verizon plan. That means you have a $20 line access fee for each of your lines. That comes to $60 for 3 lines.

You don't say what your data allowance is, but I will guess XXL at $100 for 18 GB of data/month.

That would bring your monthly bill for SERVICE to approximately $180/month with taxes/fees added.

The cost of the above SERVICE would be about $180 as you had wanted, but if you have to pay for phones TOO, that is going to increase your monthly bill by an amount proportional to the cost of the phones you choose to purchase.

Now to your phones. Did you bring phones you already owned? Did you purchase them at full retail cost up front? Did you purchase then at full retail cost on a payment plan?

0 Likes
Jaaukama
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the $80 plan and when I picked out the phones with each phone I asked if I was going over and they said no...and i am on the $20 per line..,even as we had all 3 phones and signed up last thing I asked again was the price she reinsured that it was going to be no more than $180

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Jaaukama wrote:

I got the $80 plan and when I picked out the phones with each phone I asked if I was going over and they said no...and i am on the $20 per line..,even as we had all 3 phones and signed up last thing I asked again was the price she reinsured that it was going to be no more than $180

That is simply because the cost of your SERVICE does not change by purchasing a phone. Your SERVICE is still ~$180/month or less. It appears you simply chose to purchase phone on a payment plan over time.

Pay off the phones completely and your monthly bill for SERVICE will be at the level you want. Are you also paying for insurance for the phones? Drop that and your monthly bill willl IMMEDIATELY drop by more than $30.

I don't understand how people can see the price of their service at $180 and then purchase $2000+ in phones paid over time and not realize their monthly bill will not go up????? The price of your SERVICE stays the same at ~$180 but your PHONE PAYMENTS will increase for each ~$600 phone you add to the bill.

You ask for the cost of your service to be ~$180. That is what it is. You add a phone and YOUR SERVICE COST does not change. You now have a monthly phone payment though. You add another phone and YOUR COST OF SERVICE does not change. You now have another monthly phone payment though. You add a third phone and YOUR COST OF SERVICE does not change. You now have a 3rd monthly phone payment though. Your monthly cost of service is the SAME as it was before you started purchasing phones, though.

0 Likes
Jaaukama
Enthusiast - Level 2

No I did NOT ask the price of services... I asked total monthly for BOTH phones and survices... When they had us pick the phones I asked with EACH phone would the Payment on this phone put me over the $200 she said that the cost of the phones all 3 PLUS the services and tax would TOTAL $180... When I went back and asked again the other 2 times I kept the phone payments in mind and asked them they went over my bill and told me the exact same thing with Services, PHONES, and Tax should be around $180... If they told me that adding those phones put me at $300 I would had just continued with TMobile... I told them that I just got divorced and I needed to keep this as low as I could because I am now a single parent with 1 income...

I do plan on paying off these phones asap so I can cancel out of service and go with a company that is upfront...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We deeply apologize for any confusion on our part, Jaaukama. Typically, when we make quotes on customers' billing amount we only focus on the price of the plan and features, since the cost of phones change depending on the make and model chosen.

We certainly do not want to lose a valuable customer like yourself. We will be sending you a Private Message so we can get more information and review any options for you.
StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I don't know what to tell you. I find the prices very easily for service and the cost of phones before I make a purchase and seeing a breakdown of the cost for each phone so I can possibly choose a less expensive phone if need be. Monthly payment prices are listed next to each phone and price of service is also clearly listed. I don't understand how anyone could be fooled.

Untitled-1.jpg

$80/month data plan and 3 x $20/month line access fees = $140 with taxes/fees of ~$20 for a total of ~$160. What 3 phones with ALL payments combined totaling ~$20 did you purchase? I'm sorry I just don't see it. Did you also get insurance on those phones at ~$10/month/phone???

Good luck.