How can I use my Samsung Galaxy S6 outside the US?
meugenet

Everything I have read says that the Galaxy S6 from Verizon is already unlocked for use outside the US. I have installed a sim card from a local carrier, but I get a message that states "the mobile network is not available." What are my next steps in resolving this issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I use my Samsung Galaxy S6 outside the US?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Make sure your phone is set to Global Mode. Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks will be the location for this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Meugenet-

We hope you're enjoing your trip. Staying connected when you're abroad is important and want to help guide you in the right direction.  The Samsung Galaxy S6 is a global ready phone and does not need to be unlocked.  If you are using a sim card from a foreign carrier and are having trouble using your device you would have to reach out to that cell phone provider.  When our sim card is not being used the phone is no longer connected to our network and we do not guarantee the service.

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Make sure your phone is set to Global Mode. Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks will be the location for this.

0 Likes