How do I stop my device from reading out all the information for voice mail?
superlowie

When I have a couple voice mail messages, I go to get them and it reads to me all the saved messages I have while I wait and wait for it to finish... anything I can press or do to stop it from reading all of those messages first?  Sometimes I don't have time to listen to all the specific of a saved call, I just want my recent voice mail messages asap, I don't have time to listen to all the messages that I have saved.  Help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help with Voice Mail Issue
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can turn off the "envelope options" so they are not part of the voicemail message at all.  If you need to hear all of the info, you can press 5 at any time during playback to hear it.

There are also shortcut keys to move through the messages faster; what they are depends on your location.

Voice Mail Instructions | Verizon Wireless - viewing the pdf for your region will give you all the steps and shortcuts.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

I've done that too, when it plays messages you do not want to listen to you can hit 9 at anytime to re-save the message and skip to the next one. Or if you want to erase one or some you can hit 7 to delete the message and skip to the next one.

0 Likes
superlowie

I know, I have done that, but it still reads the beginning information, "phone message from [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]  on such and such a date at such and such a time... "  So I press 9 and after its all done talking, it resaves it without having to listen to the message itself, but it still reads the phone number off slowly as  "your call from area code [removal required] ... and thats all a waste of time when theres 12 messages saved, it goes thru each one and it takes a few minutes.... I don't want to hear any of it at all, if you know what I mean.

Lois

0 Likes
BillyG57
Contributor - Level 1

Basic visual voice mail let's you choose which message that you want to listen to

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can turn off the "envelope options" so they are not part of the voicemail message at all.  If you need to hear all of the info, you can press 5 at any time during playback to hear it.

There are also shortcut keys to move through the messages faster; what they are depends on your location.

Voice Mail Instructions | Verizon Wireless - viewing the pdf for your region will give you all the steps and shortcuts.

0 Likes