How do I use an iPhone 6 as a Mi-Fi device?
dancesca

I'm trying to do some research for my boss. She has an iPhone 6. She's going on a retreat but wants to either use her phone as a MiFi device to access internet. Can she do that? How and what is the charge? Or does she need to actually BUY a MiFi device and add to her contract?

Thank you!

Francesca

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: use iPhone 6 as a MiFi device
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Francesca, I want to ensure your boss is able to connect her devices to the internet while she’s away at her retreat.

The iPhone 6 has a cool feature called Personal Hotspot that will allow her to use her iPhone 6 data as a Wi-Fi connection to share with other Wi-Fi capable devices.  Here’s a link with instructions for using the Personal Hotspot feature: http://vz.to/1S7aG9W.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

What she wants to do is use the hot spot feature on her phone. 

IF her account is a tiered data plan, she can just turn it on and it uses her existing data plan.

Unlimited data plans do not have the option to use the hot spot.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Francesca, I want to ensure your boss is able to connect her devices to the internet while she’s away at her retreat.

The iPhone 6 has a cool feature called Personal Hotspot that will allow her to use her iPhone 6 data as a Wi-Fi connection to share with other Wi-Fi capable devices.  Here’s a link with instructions for using the Personal Hotspot feature: http://vz.to/1S7aG9W.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes