sim card won't activate - "Network locked"
prana72

Just took the new BB Classic out of the box, started the set up process, instantly received message 'Device is network locked. Contact service provider.' When I called VW, they said it was because I needed to power off my old BB device; it was preventing the new sim card from activating. So, I tried that, even removed the battery. I also powered off the BB Classic, then powered it back on again. Still receive the same message. I then tried removing and inserting the sim card, powered back on again, still received the same error message. Ugh. Wifi works great, everything transferred over great from the old BB, but Mobile Network does not want to play! However, when I checked the settings within the Mobile Network itself, it shows everything as being UNLOCKED [see attached photo]. Umm, sure.

Any ideas or suggestions??

Thank you in advance.

Unlocked_BBClassic (600x800).jpg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: sim card won't activate - "Network locked"
prana72

P.S. -

Also, I tried activating the new phone from "My Verizon" account, but received a message there as well: "Our records indicate you recently purchased a device for this MDN but have not activated it yet. You have the option to proceed with your online equipment order after you have activated your new device, or you may contact Customer Service at (800) 922-0204 for further assistance."

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to assist you with activating your device. Did you purchase the device directly from Verizon Wireless?

DeannaL_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @Support

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
prana72

Yes

On Sunday, 20 December 2015, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Very good to know that, prana72. It sounds like the device may not yet have been activated with the acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Just to be sure, please power down the Classic with the SIM in it and than call 877-807-4646. When (and if) prompted to do so, please review and accept the terms. Once done, try powering your new Classic up again for another activation.

DionMM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes