How do I get rid of a proxy error?
MG9009
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have started to get a proxy error today when browsing, I noticed when I turned off "Mobile Data" (which saves data costs) it works with Wi-Fi then proxy error comes up.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: proxy error when browsing
MG9009
Enthusiast - Level 2

The fix is to wipe the cache on the phones G5 and G6. No problem since on either phone. Probably a download that was shared. 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MG9009, that's definitely odd! Were you experiencing this issue with other devices connected to this same WiFi network? Does the issue occur with Mobile Data enabled? How does the website function on other devices? How long has this issue been occuring?

TylerK_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MG9009
Enthusiast - Level 2

My s5 never had that issue. The sites work on my laptop wireless also, and I do not have the proxy error on the laptop. It stated showing up when I disabled Mobile Data (but then why would it if Mobile Data uses 4g or WiFi or back and depending on the download. I just got onto verizon this week.  I reset the router, the WiFi unit and the only consistent fix is resetting the phone. That's not what I would expect from Verizon.  The ISP time warner said to turn off the proxy settings on the WiFi settings for the phone. No difference. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MG9009,

We always want to make sure your phone works awesome and you get world class service. When you disable mobile data and are only connected to wi-fi though you actually aren't connecting to the Verizon network at all. You're only connecting through your wi-fi network whatever that may be. It could be an issue with the router or wi-fi connection or it could be the phone itself. We're glad to help figure it out. How often does this happen? Does it only happen on specific web sites or does it seem random?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MG9009
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now we are getting it with other Samsung Galaxy G5 devices

0 Likes
MG9009
Enthusiast - Level 2

The fix is to wipe the cache on the phones G5 and G6. No problem since on either phone. Probably a download that was shared. 

0 Likes