How do I block a number on a new phone?
ineedpepto
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry to be so dramatic. lol Today I bought a galaxy s6 and had verizon transfer all of my old stuff over to my new phone. I had blocked a number on my old android and was checking to see if that number even showed up on this new one, which it did, and then I somehow dialed it. YIKES! Will that person know I tried to call them if it's blocked from them calling me?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blocking and then I called it! HELP PLEASE!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question! If you block a phone number then you are able to dial out to that number. The block only ensures that the number cannot reach you by text or calls. If you have further questions simply let us know.

CarleyR_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

Re: Blocking and then I called it! HELP PLEASE!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question! If you block a phone number then you are able to dial out to that number. The block only ensures that the number cannot reach you by text or calls. If you have further questions simply let us know.

CarleyR_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!