Why didn't my calendar transfer to my new device?
kayceedee101

Hi everyone.  So I got the Droid Turbo 2 today.  I was assured that my calendar would transfer to new phone.  So I get home and it did not.  I use Digical.  It's weird..there are entries but they are old entries that I had deleted.  It's almost like it reverted to a previous version.  It is not on the G Cloud or Google calendar.  This is a huge problem..or rather will be if I've lost my whole personal calendar.  Thank you very much for any help given

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help!!  Calendar didn't transfer to new phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like you weren't saving your calendar events to your Gmail account. If they were only on the phone, then there is very few options to transfer the information. One, manually transfer by recreating them on the new phone. Two, checking the third party application for a backup option and using it to transfer the information. Three, checking the Play Store for calendar backup and restore application compatible with the calendar application you use.

In the future, I would suggest you create your events so they are saved to your Gmail account so it can sync across all your devices. For example I can create an appointment on my active phone and the next time one of my five other devices syncs with my Google account the event is displayed on that device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Help!!  Calendar didn't transfer to new phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like you weren't saving your calendar events to your Gmail account. If they were only on the phone, then there is very few options to transfer the information. One, manually transfer by recreating them on the new phone. Two, checking the third party application for a backup option and using it to transfer the information. Three, checking the Play Store for calendar backup and restore application compatible with the calendar application you use.

In the future, I would suggest you create your events so they are saved to your Gmail account so it can sync across all your devices. For example I can create an appointment on my active phone and the next time one of my five other devices syncs with my Google account the event is displayed on that device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Help!! Calendar didn't transfer to new phone
millerman61
Enthusiast - Level 3

You could try Motorola Migrate off the Google Apps Store as long as your old phone isn't on Marshmallow yet.  It may let you migrate your calendar DigiCal+ appointments from your old phone.

0 Likes