Cannot make calls in Extended Network Areas
boilerup09

Neither my husbands phone nor mine, both iPhone 6, will make phone calls while in the extended network.  We can text (both send and receive) as well as use the internet on them and receive calls, but get a message saying to re-enter the 10 digit telephone number when trying to make a call.  I am seeing in other posts that this is because we have Family Base.  So basically Verizon you are giving us the option to have working phones in extended network areas OR be able to restrict date usage and times that our children can use their phones?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot make calls in Extended Network Areas
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

boilerup09,

No matter where you are, our aim is for you to have service on your devices. What zipcode are you in when you have these issues? Have they ever worked in that area? Did you have different experiences with our network using different model phones?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
boilerup09

I don't know the zip codes because it is when we are traveling, not where we live or anything.  Anytime our phones say Extended we cannot make a phone call.  It has been with both iPhones and Samsung Galaxies as well.

0 Likes
boilerup09

Thus far it has been many many places in west central Indiana.  While traveling from western Kentucky to London and also to Lexington.  These are the most recent instances.

0 Likes