Samsung Galaxy S5 group chat/MMS issues. APN settings disabled
baxter306

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android 5.0 with the latest updates. I intermittently cannot send or receive group chat messages. When I cannot receive the group chat message I will receive an individual message that says something like "New MMS message to download: size is 2KB, expires on 12/4, 1:48 PM.". When I select to download that message it will never download. It will try to download for a while and then stop.

My primary messaging application is Google Hangouts but I have experienced the same problem on the default Android Messages application and the Verizon Message+ application.

I have read multiple other threads in the Verizon community forums on this issue that have not lead to a solution (Cannot Send or receive MMS on new Galaxy S5. APN settings locked., Why does my Galaxy S5 only send and receive MMS/Group messages intermittently?, and Re: I just got a new Galaxy S5 on Wednesday and it's been having trouble connecting to the internet,...). I have tried everything suggested by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in those threads. Please do not ask me to try them again.

My online research suggests that I should try resetting or changing my APN settings but they are disabled.

Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 group chat/MMS issues. APN settings disabled
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate all of the information you have provided, as it allows us a little more insight. We would like to look into this further. The first thing we'd like to do is investigate what is occurring with theAPN settings. Is it possible for you to enable theAPN settings?

DeannaL_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes