Would upgrading void my discount?
1jt

I have a line ready for upgrade (line 1) and an other line that is on a device payment plan (line 2). Line 2 has a 25 SP device payment discount. I want to use the upgrade on line 1, then switch the new phone to line 2, and put the old phone from line 2 to line 1. Would this void the 25 SP device payment discount? Also, would the new phone on line 2 receive a 25 SP device payment discount because it is now on a device payment plan?

JT

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 25 SP Device Payment Discount Question
mama23dogs
Legend

The upgrade and discount is tied to the line, so you keep the discount.  It doesn't matter on which line you use the phone.

DId you say you have a $25 discount?  So only paying $15 net for the line fee?  If so, you are paying more using the subsidized upgrade.   $25 discount over 24 months is $600 on top of the discounted amount.   Do the math before you pick your upgrade method.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: 25 SP Device Payment Discount Question
mama23dogs
Legend

The upgrade and discount is tied to the line, so you keep the discount.  It doesn't matter on which line you use the phone.

DId you say you have a $25 discount?  So only paying $15 net for the line fee?  If so, you are paying more using the subsidized upgrade.   $25 discount over 24 months is $600 on top of the discounted amount.   Do the math before you pick your upgrade method.

0 Likes