Text messages undelivered
Dahlmanji

I've noticed that some of my text messages get marked as "sent" but never get to "delivered."  How do I ensure my messages actually get to the intended recipient(s)?  I have a Droid Turbo 2 using the Messaging + app.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text messages undelivered
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see why those differences can make you concerned, Dahlmanji. Do you notice a mixture of “Sent” and “Delivered” messages with the same contact? Have you ever been able to confirm with the recipient if they got the messages that were marked as “sent”?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Typically you will see SENT for all messages; those that get delivered to a Verizon network phone will say DELIVERED, almost immediately.  If the recipient is outside of Verizon's network (on another carrier, for example) you will only see SENT, as Verizon has no way to tell if it was actually received on the recipient's phone.  Does that make sense?

0 Likes
Dahlmanji

Thanks for the questions.  Yes, there has been a mix within a particular recipient where some messages get delivered and others don't.  I also have confirmed with the recipient that messages labeled as "sent" are truly not received.

0 Likes
Dahlmanji

Good question about the recipients' networks.  The issues I have observed have been to Verizon customers -- actually people within my shared plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dahlmanji,

Hmm, that is definitely interesting. We appreciate the details and will keep working on this. How often does this happen and does it occur in specific locations? Happen when indoors and out? If the message was not sent, this may be due to your phones reception at the time, so we'll want to get as many details as possible.

AdamGGGGGGGGGGGG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes