Question About Return Shipping Labels
SherilM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am waiting for my return shipping label so that I can send a phone back to Verizon. Verizon claims that they have already sent the return shipping label to my address. However, I have not received it yet. My 14-day window for returning the device is also closing fast. What should I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Question About Return Shipping Labels
SherilM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update:

I was able to print the return shipping label directly from My Account (this option was erroneously disabled for me initially). A Verizon representative intervened and fixed this error. Because of his help, I could generate a new shipping label and sent the Droid Turbo 2 back. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question. We know that sometimes the 14 day period can not be acheived due to waiting on return shipping labels and other issues. At those times if you stay in contact with us by calling in or messaging us on Twitter or Facebook, we can make reasonable accomodations. For holiday purchases we have expanded our return period. Anything purchased between 11/26/15 and 12/31/15, can be returned until 1/15/16. Any other questions?

0 Likes
SherilM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had placed my order by Nov 14 and the phones were delivered by Nov 16. So, I think my purchase order will not fall in the so-called holiday purchase period.

I am already in touch with the customer support service. They claim that a return shipping has already been mailed to my address by Nov 23. However, I am yet to get this mail via post.

Yesterday, I visited a nearby corporate store (1251 E Higgins Rd Schaumburg, IL 60173). Over there, they wanted me to show them an US-government issued ID proof (such as driving license) to help me. Since I am on H1B visa in the country, I do not possess any such documents apart from the SSN card issued to me. They did not accept that as proof - citing that too many fraudulent activities happen in this time of the year and they could not help me without an US-government issued ID proof.

An employee in the store even mentioned how Verizon could provide us with a connection - not sure what she meant by that. Put short, it was an unpleasant experience altogether.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That does fall outside the extended return period. No worries, though. We will help keep this going smoothly, especially because you are proactively working with us on this. Please send us a Private Message so we can get into specifics and get this resolved.

0 Likes
SherilM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you. I have sent the Private Message just as suggested. Please let me know if you want any other details.

0 Likes
SherilM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a question regarding the 14-day return policy. Should the device reach Verizon premises to avail the 14-day worry free guarantee? Or can I ship back the device right on the 14th day and avail the same set of benefits?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out for clarification on the 14-day return policy SherilM. The holidays is a great time to make the most of our return/exchange policy. It depends on how the device was purchased. If it was done by mail then the return package must be post mark14ththe 14th day. What device did you purchased and on what day? Keep in mind that our holiday return policy is officially into effect.

ArneVZW_VZW
VZWllow us on Twitter VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SherilM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to return the Droid Turbo 2 purchased on Nov 14. I am not able to print the return shipping label via My Account (the system shows as the return period for the device has expired ever since I got it in my hands). Verizon is also unwilling to send me a return shipping label via normal mail.

At this point, I am not sure about what should be done.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The Droid Turbo 2 is an awesome smartphone SherilM! May I ask why do you want to return it? In your specific situation, the device would need to be postmakred by  the 14th day in order to return it? If the transaction happened on the 14th then you are beyond the 14-day return window.

ArnettHHHHH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SherilM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update:

I was able to print the return shipping label directly from My Account (this option was erroneously disabled for me initially). A Verizon representative intervened and fixed this error. Because of his help, I could generate a new shipping label and sent the Droid Turbo 2 back. Thank you.

0 Likes