Suddenly asked to re-activate my 6s while traveling internationally, only using wifi
DocMphd

Been using my phone in Thailand or the past 2 weeks, as a camera and for the apps on wifi (no international calling plan, no intention to use cellular function). Suddenly today, my 6s is asking for me to re-activate. When I try to do so, I am told that the SIM is not valid. Now I can't get to the home screen to use any apps, like the camera app.

What happened? How can I fix or get around this so I can use the camera again?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Suddenly asked to re-activate my 6s while traveling internationally, only using wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no DocMphd. I know you need your phone especially since you are traveling in Thailand.  How long are you going to be in Thailand? Do you recall doing anything that led up to the phone giving you the error?  Please turn off your phone and remove your SIM card https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-178457/ and retry.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes