Do you want me to reamin a customer?
bassjhn
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife, my step daughter and I are all customers of Verizon. All the accounts are in my name. I have a Galaxy 4, my wife an I-phone 4 and my step daughter and I phone 5s. My plan is up. I can leave whenever I want. I went to the Verizon store in Shreveport to see what's available for upgrades, mostly me and my wife. I was told I could upgrade to a galaxy 5 for $150 plus $40 for upgrade fee and my wife could upgrade to I-phone 5s for $0.99 plus $40 upgrade fee. The upgrade fee is 40 times the cost of the phone????? I've been with Verizon for about 8-10 years but I will not pay $200 dollars to upgrade my wife and myself to new (outdated) devices. I'm already paying around $220 a month in payments. I will check out all other plans with At&T or Sprint or whoever. I've been a loyal customer and you've repaid that by trying to screw me over. I plan to leave your service and I will not (ever) be back.  At some point you may realize that loyalty goes both ways. Can't wait to quit!!!!

Labels (1)
Re: Do you want me to reamin a customer?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Ok, best wishes at your new carrier.

Re: Do you want me to reamin a customer?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Galaxy S4 is of the same caliber as an iPhone 5s. I'd suggest a Voice over LTE supported device like an iPhone 6 instead. Have you considered a newer Nexus device if you like Android?

For $220/m, it sounds like you have an older plan with subsidy fees or have a large amount of data. There's no unlimited data lines, are there?

In this case, I would suggest buying these devices online from Swappa, for example, or from the manufacturer. You don't have to buy a device from Verizon or finance one through them. Once that's done, consider reworking the plan to something newer that may work out cheaper. The new plans are unlimited voice and text with the plan changes only involving data. If you have unlimited data on a line now, try not to lose it, but if data usage on that line is very low, then it's something to consider.