no sim after using find my iphone
ringsharon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I used find my iphone. I used the lock feature. Now I found my Iphone and it says no sim. I have tried using my passcode which works and I have tried to turn off find my iphone, but it will not accept my Apple ID password, even though I know I am typing it correctly. It works on my Ipad and online using my desktop. HELP now my phone will not work. Says cellular data is not on but will not allow me to turn on the cellular data.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: no sim after using find my iphone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ringsharon –
I am so glad to hear you were able to find your phone.  Now let’s make sure we bring it back to life. Have you powered off your device and removed the SIM card and placed back in? Did you calle us to have the line suspended as lost at any time? Have you connected your device via USB cable to your computer and logged into your itunes account to see if it recognizes your device?
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Find My iPhone can be turned off if you connect the device to a Wi-Fi network. Otherwise if the phone is locked, connect it to iTunes and you should be able to unlock it that way.

It otherwise sounds like your SIM either died or needs a re-seat. If a new SIM is in order and your service hasn't been suspended due to reporting the lost device to Verizon, stop by a corporate store to get a new SIM Card.

0 Likes
ringsharon
Enthusiast - Level 1

TThank you for your response. Turns out someone removed my SIM card while it was lost. I called Verizon and they had me open the SIM card slot and it was gone. They are mailing me a new SIM card and have deactivated my old one. It is possible someone took it out so I could not track the phone using find my IPhone app. It is also possible they took the SIM card to use my service. Great job to Verizon. If I was willing to wait n line at a Verizon store on Black Friday I would be back in business. They reactive tend an old phone of mine to use in the meantime.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ringsharon - I am glad that your SIM card is being replaced. On a hectic day like today, I would not want to go to any store. I am really happy you contacted us. If someone took the SIM card out it would be so the phone could not be tracked. Once your SIM card is reported Lost/Stolen on your account it will be unusable. I always keep an extra SIM card at home, just in case a situation like yours would happen. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving day.
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad to hear. SIM theft is sadly a common thing. I'd check your usage to make sure the SIM wasn't used for awful reasons, just so that there are no surprises in terms of overages.

In the future if you want to keep the SIM card secure, setting a SIM PIN will lock the SIM card so that it cannot be easily used by rebooting the phone or installing it into another phone. If the SIM PIN is ever forgotten, a PUK code will be needed to remove the PIN. This can only be obtained from Verizon after going through a verification process.

0 Likes