Why aren't picture messages loading?
RSC1

Son's LG Extravert 2 with data blocked does not load group text or picture messages. Phone shows a downloading media message and either the message never loads or it take a very long time to load. Dau's LG Cosmos 3 with data blocked can send/receive group texts and picture texts with no problems. Any thoughts on the Extravert 2?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Extravert 2, data blocked, media messages not loading
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your son shouldn't have to miss out on the group or picture messages, RSC@sm. I know you mentioned the Cosmos 3 didn't experience issues with the data block active. However, group and picture messages are considered Multimedia messages which do require access to a data connection in order to be transported properly. Please attempt removing the block and testing the picture messages.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: LG Extravert 2, data blocked, media messages not loading
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your son shouldn't have to miss out on the group or picture messages, RSC@sm. I know you mentioned the Cosmos 3 didn't experience issues with the data block active. However, group and picture messages are considered Multimedia messages which do require access to a data connection in order to be transported properly. Please attempt removing the block and testing the picture messages.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes