How do I back up my messages to an SD card?
ScreenName999x
Enthusiast - Level 1

Message+ Backup

Message Plus offers an option to restore messages from a Backup to SD card.

Please give instructions for saving the messages to a backup on the SD Card.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ Backup
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Tap on the avatar/photo ID next to a conversation; it should turn to a checkmark.  At the top left of the screen will be an X, a number, and ALL.  You can select which conversations to save by tapping the contact avatars, or tap ALL to select everything.  Then, on the top right there is a download symbol.  Tap that to download the selected messages to a file.

You can then use that file and the Restore Messages option to restore the messages to another device or your computer in the Messages+ app.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a great way to save your messages, ScreenName999x. First go to Conversation List > Menu > Save Conversation, then select the conversations you want to save, and press Save. Let me know if you have any other issues.

DanielK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

XXX

ScreenName999x
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unable to find "Save Conversations". There is no such option in either the main menu or the menu accessed from the top left corner of the screen.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll get to the bottom of this, ScreenName999x. What model phone are you working with? Is your Verizon Messages up to date?

DanielK_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Phathead

I have version 6.0.8 and I am experiencing the same problem.

Options under Conversation List > Menu are:

Driving Mode

Auto-Reply

Restore Messages

Settings

Whats New

About

Terms & Conditions

Privacy Policy

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Tap on the avatar/photo ID next to a conversation; it should turn to a checkmark.  At the top left of the screen will be an X, a number, and ALL.  You can select which conversations to save by tapping the contact avatars, or tap ALL to select everything.  Then, on the top right there is a download symbol.  Tap that to download the selected messages to a file.

You can then use that file and the Restore Messages option to restore the messages to another device or your computer in the Messages+ app.

PocketFunSize
Enthusiast - Level 1

Perfect! Did the trick - I was looking everywhere!!!!

Thank you soooo much Smiley Happy

0 Likes