Why won't the data widget work on my Nexus 6?
Bears4Life42
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've looked through the previous msgs and have tried eveything i have seen listed and the data widget still doesn't connect. I can click on it to go to my account but i want to use it to quickly view my data usage. I have gone to settings and cleared my cache and data and force stopped the application and restarted twice. I have also installed and reinstalled the application twice. This problem has been happening since the lollipop system update. What else can i try other than factory resetting my phone? As a side note since the update I  have had to uninstall and reinstall multiple other apps that keep force closing.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data widget not working on my Nexus 6
Bears4Life42
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, finally everything works. I refused to do factory reset because the problem was the operating system update that was pushed out more than a month ago.  Long story short the new patch 6.0.1 update pushed out on 12/1 fixed my widget issue and MMS issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am happy to hear that you are being proactive on your data Bears4life42. I do appreciate all the troubleshooting you have done so far. What is the make/model of your device? Is anyone else having an issues with their data widget?  Are you able to view your data if you go into your My Verizon app?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bears4Life42
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nexus 6 is my phone. Yes as stated previously when i click on the widget it takes me to my account and i can view it there. But i want the widget to have easier access to my data usage. In the forums people were having the same issue which is how i knew what to try before starting this discussion.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I totally agree the widget is a lot more easier Bears4Life42. I would like you to put the phone on safe http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-148869/  mode and tell me if it gives you problems loading the widget please.
AmberF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bears4Life42
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried safe mode. Widgets dont work in safe mode. So restarted my phone. The data widget still wont connect.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do appreciate your trying. At this time it can be a device issue or an application that is causing the issue. I would need you to back up http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/products/verizon-cloud.html?intcmp=INT-SEA-NON-CS-cloud... your information and then do a master reset. Let me know the outcome.  Here are the steps:
1.    From a Home screen, navigate: Apps icon  > Settings  .
2.    From the Personal section, tap Backup & reset.
3.    From the Personal Data section, tap Factory data reset.
4.    Tap Reset phone.
 If presented, enter the current unlock pattern, PIN or password.
5.    Tap Erase everything.

AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
Skunkle88

I am also having this issue and recently tried a factory reset and it didn't work. What is the next option to try?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Skunkle88,

We know this is a onging issue that needs to be resloved. I also use this feature as well and depend on it for accurate data used on my plan. Let's try another step to see if we can get it to operate properly. Try removing the widget and installing it back on to the phone. Once installed restest and keep us updated on your progress.
9osperMM_VZW
VZWllow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RobGG

Y

0 Likes
mamonyc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello:

Also using a Nexus 6 and I am having the same issue and have tried everything listed thus far.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, removed and added the widget, factory reset my phone, etc. and still can not get the widget to connect. Is this something that will be addressed in a future update?

0 Likes