Unlimited data 30 dollar a month hotspot
tpalermo30

I see in my phone on the Verizon App it says, "4G mobile hotspot Use your Verizon wireless 4g LTE smartphone to get online access and share your data allowance with multiple WiFi enabled devices" now I've asked a few people about this and I can't get a good answer.  Some people say it's unlimited data to use computer and tablets with my 4G service, other people are telling me no it's not unlimited it's only good for the first 2 GB of data than I have to pay like 15 dollars more to use more data. 

All I want to know for sure is if I pay an extra 30 dollars a month and have unlimited data will I be able to use my phone as a hotspot with unlimited data or no?

Thanks,

Tony

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unlimited data 30 dollar a month hotspot
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The hotspot isn't automatically add to the line. You have to manually add the feature in your MyVerizon account online. If you were using the hotspot function and not paying for the hotspot feature on your unlimited smartphone data plan, then you were using unofficial methods to create a hotspot on your phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

redwood66
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you have an unlimited data plan you can pay the $30 and have a wifi hotspot for other devices.  I don't think that other plans allow the add-on of the hotspot.  I have the hotspot on 3 unlimited data lines.

0 Likes
tpalermo30

And the hotspot is unlimited as well?  The reason I am asking is sales reps at Verizon tell me it's not unlimited it's only good for like 3 GB a month.

0 Likes
redwood66
Enthusiast - Level 1

I only know that my hotspots are unlimited based on my unlimited data plan.  Are you sure you have a grandfathered unlimited data plan?  Maybe the rep is not understanding what you are asking?

0 Likes
tpalermo30

Yes i'm on an unlimited plan you might be right the rep might not understand what I wanted to do.  Thanks for your help in this matter.

0 Likes
redwood66
Enthusiast - Level 1

You are welcome.  Can you just add it online without talking to a rep?  I do most account change things like this online.

0 Likes
tpalermo30

Yes I found it in my Verizon app I can just add it within the app so I don't have to talk with anyone.  Which is very nice.

0 Likes
Vzisillegal
Enthusiast - Level 1

We should have to pay for it. What Verizon is doing is ILLEGAL according to the FCC RULES. THEY ARE ABOUT TO GET HEAVILY FINED

0 Likes
Vzisillegal
Enthusiast - Level 1

I meant shouldn't have to pay

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The FCC already ruled the unlimited smartphone data plan is bound by the old terms before Block C and Verizon is allowed to charge customers to add the mobile hotspot feature to their lines.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.