Mail app - Pin expired
ProfRonnie

I'm trying to sign in using the mail app to my Windows Live Hotmail account.  I'm get a 503 80383: Pin Expired message and can't go any further.

What do I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mail app - Pin expired
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ProfRonnie,

Having access to your Hotmail account is certainly important. We want to see you gain access again. Have you attempted to log into your account using a computer? Do you get the same message on the computer as you do on your phone?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does your Windows Live Mail account happen to have "Second Factor Authentication" or an additional login step from entering in a password, in order to log into your account? Most of these come in the form of a text message.

0 Likes
ProfRonnie

Thanks for your response.

It works fine on my desktop computer. It also works if I open it using the Internet. A password is required, but I've never been asked for, or set up, a PIN.

It's only in the Mail app that I receive the PIN expired message.

0 Likes
ProfRonnie

No it doesn't need anything special. It's a username and password like. It's part of Hotmail.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried to remove the account from the phone and then add it back again to see that clears the issue?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

ProfRonnie

I don't know what that means? How would I do that?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Remove the email address from the Mail application. Or remove it from the Accounts section of the phone settings.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you trying to help Ann154. ProfRonnie were you able to remove the account and re add it? Is your other email accounts working well? Is your data and voice services working?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ProfRonnie

Hotmail is part of the Mail app.  I don't know how to remove the account.  Is my terminology correct?

I don't use any of the other accounts in the Mail app.  And, yes, data and voice services are working fine.

Thanks for your patience Ann154 and Customer Support

0 Likes