Can I sync my Bluetooth S6 edge with Ford SYNC?
jhnward
Enthusiast - Level 2

I travel quite frequently and I have had no problems pairing Bluetooth with Chevrolet rental vehicles. But I cannot pair with my 2014 Ford F150 SYNC.

I have paired and unpaired 6 times with different PIN numbers, have done a factory rest, have turned off SMART LOCK, have cleared data and cache in Bluetooth app, have downloaded the Bluetooth connect app that some are having success with, booted the phone, etc.

All of the research I have found refers to the lollipop software and the android geeks claim it is ROM. Is Samsung and Android aware of this issue and are they coming out with another update? I may need to revert back to kitkat. Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is anyone having Bluetooth problems S6 EDGE with Ford SYNC?
jhnward
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good news. I uninsulated the Smart Switch app. I also cleared data plus cleared cache and force stop Facebook. It is working great. I have been on the bluetooth phone for 2 hours and no dropped bluetooth. I have the new Samsung S6 Edge with Lollipop.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jhnward, having a device being able to sync up to your car is very important now days. We want all of our customers to travel safe. Does your car not pick up your cell phone or does your cell phone not see the car? Also, I would suggest to try to run the cell phone in safe mode to see if you’re able to get connected. This link will provide you with the steps on how to get your phone into Safe Mode: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-152233/ Please keep us posted.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jhnward
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone recognizes the truck and the truck picks up the phone. I cleared

the settings on the truck and phone and started over. I started the phone

in safe mode this time. The result is the same, the call audio stays on

for about 8 seconds and the on/off button goes to off mode all by itself.

On Nov 22, 2015 7:32 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
jhnward
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good news. I uninsulated the Smart Switch app. I also cleared data plus cleared cache and force stop Facebook. It is working great. I have been on the bluetooth phone for 2 hours and no dropped bluetooth. I have the new Samsung S6 Edge with Lollipop.

0 Likes
jhnward
Enthusiast - Level 2

Uninstalled (not insulate)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RobertH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes