Why can't I access the cloud after my device factory reset itself?
Flattshack
Enthusiast - Level 2

Trying to restore data after my phone had an "abnormal factory reset". I keep getting an error message that the cloud can not be accessed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't access cloud
Flattshack
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you so much! I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. I do not know what lead up to the abnormal factory reset. My phone was in my pocket and when i pulled it out, everything had been erased. After the abnormal factory reset happened to my phone, I didn't realize I needed to access the play store to update it. I just did that, and everything is working now. Thank you. Can you tell me why my phone would have reset itself? The lock screen needs my thumb print to open it, so I know I didn't unlock my phone while it was in my pocket to possibly have pushed the wrong buttons to make a reset happen.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to be able to get all your information Flattshack. What is the current make/model of your device? Tell me what happened that lead to this situation? Have you uninstalled Verizon Cloud and reinstalled from the Play Store? If you have not done so please do so.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Flattshack
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you so much! I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. I do not know what lead up to the abnormal factory reset. My phone was in my pocket and when i pulled it out, everything had been erased. After the abnormal factory reset happened to my phone, I didn't realize I needed to access the play store to update it. I just did that, and everything is working now. Thank you. Can you tell me why my phone would have reset itself? The lock screen needs my thumb print to open it, so I know I didn't unlock my phone while it was in my pocket to possibly have pushed the wrong buttons to make a reset happen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am glad everything is up and running Flattshack. When you have the security feature on your device it could have detected an abnormal print which could have caused the factory reset.  Let me know if you have any more questions. Don’t forget to get your http://spr.ly/6586BRYf4
 free GB. I hope you have a great holiday.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!