Why doesn't Verizon value their customers?
Rick278

Today I received the most unacceptable customer service. I was suckered into a deal that I was told is free and low and behold it is not. I walked into a store with every intention on replacing a phone that I had for 2 years and wouldn't turn on anymore. I was told by the salesman, even though my upgrade date was only 1 1/2 months away, that I would have to pay. I had two options; one was to pay for a new phone out-right or two leave the store unsatisfied. I was very calm when letting the salesman know that I have been a customer for quit some time and that I felt they should do something. After getting a manager involved, they supported me and kept me as a customer. They told me that they would use an out of date promo code to get me a new phone but I would still have to bay 200 dollars. I didn't want to get without so I took the deal, even though I knew I shouldn't have to pay a dime. The salesman said that the new phone would come with a tablet. I was adamant that I didn't;t need the tablet but the salesman stated that it was free. I expected that most of the costs would be waived considering what I was about to do. But low and behold when I received my first bill, it wasn't free. I am now being charged 10 dollars a month for something that isn't worth the contract it is written on. I explained my situation to the general manager on duty and that I would like to return the tablet. I don't need the tablet if I am being charged for it. I was consistently being told on how me keeping the tablet that I was better off, how my bill would be lower. I don't want to pay for something, over a two year period 240 dollars, that isn't worth 100 dollars on Amazon.com. I walked out unsatisfied and overwhelmed, after he told me he would waive a 35 dollar restock fee but charge me 175 dollars to break a contract. I contacted Verizon customer service and received canned answered to my issue. I was given solutions to my problem that still in the long run would make me pay and early termination fee of 175 dollars. I find this ridiculous, considering I was lied too at the retail store. I can walk down to AT&T right now and they will take care of me and cover all the expenses, as well as, the early termination fee. (I even explained that to the rep on the phone). Still I wasn't taken care of. I just want Verizon to make this right. This is was customer service is all about, making the consumer happy and keep them spending money with them, without turning them away. Again, I urge Verizon to reach out to me and make this right. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why doesn't Verizon value their customers?
mama23dogs
Legend

Private message Verizon Wireless Customer Support

IF they don't sort it for you contact the Better business bureau.

FYI, next time READ before you sign.  You did sign a 2 year contract for the tablet.   The store employees pulled a fast one to get you a cheap phone, but made a commission on the tablet line.  Classic example of taking advantage of customer greed.  ( We all go for free stuff )

And in the future, buy your own phone instead of looking to Verizon to solve your phone problem.

THe phones belong to us - NOT Verizon.  If it breaks we have to buy a new one.  I buy all mine used, mint on eBay.   All carriers are separating service from equipment.  They expect customers to provide, maintain and replace phones at their own cost.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rick278,

We never want to provide or mislead our customers in to a plan or contract that was not agreed on. I know I would feel the same way if I were in the same situation. Based on what was stated it looks like we dropped the ball by not going over the agreement that was provide for you to sign. Do you rememeber signing a contract agreement regarding the tablet line?
JaspVZWMM_VZW
VZWllow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rick278

No, I remember signing for stuff that I was told was free. Like an

activation fee of 60 dollars and a line fee of 10 dollars per month.

Everything I signed for I was told was going to be a wash. The first

mistake on my part was to agree to paying 200 dollars for a new phone. When

my upgrade date was only 6 weeks away. If you are willing to come off the

activation fee, I will continue my service with Verizon Wireless.

On Nov 22, 2015 3:32 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rick278,

We want to clarify everything that was completed during that transaction. Based on what you just stated we did inform you of a $10 line access fee which was for the tablet line. Were there any plan changes on the account to lower your overall bill monthly?
JaspVZW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rick278

Again, I did sign. The way things were explained to me, that all charges

would be a wash and they are not. Then I get the bill and I feel

manipulated. A activation charge for a tablet? That I clearly stated to the

salesman that I didn't need it but he insisted that it was free. All I

needed was a new phone. I was told that it comes with the phones and it is

free. I was pushed into this and it isn't right. I don't need my plan

changed to lower my bill. I need the tablet, that I told was free, to be

returned. Thank you.

On Nov 22, 2015 4:29 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Rick278

I can definitely understand your frustrations.  I would be concerned as well.  Have you since receiving the bill, visited the store location where you purchased the device and tablet?

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rick278

Yes, I have visited the store. That is why I contacted Verizon's customer

service. They would not take care of me to the extent that I would like.

They offered to waive the $35 restocking free but would charge me $175 for

early breach of contract. Which I don't think is fair, considering the

circumstances. I feel like I was sold to from a used car salesman. I signed

for things that were explained to me in a manner that was fast and slick.

All I needed was a new phone. That is why I walked into the store October

11. I was charged an activation fee of $60 for a tablet that will never be

far away enough from my wifi, to use data. Then I'm being charged for the

tablet, monthly $10. Which is defined by your service people as 'line

access'. Why would I need to pay line access for data that I already pay

for, because the tablet (if not on my wifi) would be using data. Lets face

it, I am paying for the tablet over a 24 month period. A total of $240 for

a tablet that I can purchase out right for a heck of a lot less. I have

been a loyal Verizon customer for over what you database states, roughly 10

plus years. I have defended the Verizon name when others wanted me to

switch. I have explained my situation now, to 4 people or more. I just want

this to be made right. Thank you.

On Nov 24, 2015 5:50 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information Richard. I am a consumer too, and I truly feel your discontent with the inability to return the tablet. In review of my resources, I see that returns can only be made within 14 days of purchase and this why even after talking to 4 Verizon Wireless representatives the answer is the same. You are a valued customer and we do not want you to consider a move from our wireless family. Lamentably we cannot process returns after 14 days of purchase, please confirm online at this link vzw.com/ReturnPolicy

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

AntonioC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rick278

Antonio,

Although I do not agree with the decision Verizon has made, I would

like to request the activation fee be refunded. If you can agree to that,

I can agree to stay with Verizon. Thank you.

On Nov 24, 2015 7:28 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes