HTC m8cannot send or receive phone calls
Jmonlea51882

My HTC m8 suddenly cannot make or receive phone calls as of about two days ago.  I can send and receive text messages and the data works without a problem. Apps, games, etc. work fine, just no calls. I've been to the Verizon store, had the SIM card replaced and did a soft reset to no avail. All they suggested was to spend more money and get a new phone. Has anyone else experienced this issue and could help suggest next steps? Spending money to replace a phone that is in perfectly good condition is really not some I need this time of year! Thanks for any help you can offer!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC m8cannot send or receive phone calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jmonlea51882!
Your efforts are greatly appreciated and I apologize for the inconvenience. Let’s see what’s causing the problem. Has your phone been exposed to any physical/water damage? When you attempt to make a call do you receive an error message?

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jmonlea51882

Hi AyaniB,

No, no water or physical damage encountered. I've had the phone in the same case as day one and has been in good working order. When I attempt to make a phone call, the screen displays "Dialing" like it would typically do when it's attempting to establish a connection. After a few seconds "Out of Service Area" pops up briefly, makes the same tone as if it couldn't connect or lost a connection, then goes back to the default phone screen. Any suggestions? Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

These are all great follow up details, Jmonlea51882. Let’s keep working at this. By chance, have you tried holding down both the Power and Volume Up Keys simultaneously for about 15 seconds until it restarts? Any change?

Just in case, I also recommend powering off your phone and removing the

SIM card for about 10-15 seconds as well.

Then place it back in your phone, and power back on.
Next, if you go to Settings > Mobile Data > Preferred Network > Are you set to Global OrLTEECDMAA?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Jmonlea51882

I tried this to no avail. I'm set to global mode.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Reset to LTE/CDMA - see if that makes a difference.  You may need to reboot the phone, then double check to ensure the network setting remained on LT/CDMA

0 Likes