Texting
Deltabreeze
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello

I have a Motorola Droid Turbo.  I can send/receive text messages with other carriers but I have a friend who is on PCS and the other way we can communicate is MMS texting and neither one of us is blocked.  I've done factory reset on the phone also which doesn't help.  I have used both Verizon text app and the regular text app that came on the phone but nothing has worked, suggestions???  They have a Samsung LG I believe.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help you stay connected with the people that matter most to you. Have you ever been able to message with this user? To confirm MMS works both ways but regular texts will not send or receive with them? Are you getting any types of errors?
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Deltabreeze
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, the only way we can communicate is if I sent a text using an attachment.  I can text other carriers the normal texting process.  Its just on the PCS carrier, I have to send an attachment. No error message it just shows it was sent.

0 Likes
Deltabreeze
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, the only way we can communicate is if I sent a text using an attachment.  I can text other carriers the normal texting process.  Its just on the PCS carrier, I have to send an attachment. No error message it just shows it was sent.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's keep you connected and get these SMS messages flowing, Deltabreeze. When did this start? Has there been any changes done on your end, like new device, new software updates, or even applications? Since you said you are able to send to other carrier but not PCS, have you tried sending regular SMS messages to other PCS customers besides this one contact?
JorgeO_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Deltabreeze
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been happening since I have had this phone.  I can send regular sms text msgs to other carriers. This is my third replacement phone for various reason, not due to this issue. I don't have anyone else who is with PCS other than this one contact.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It sounds as though it has been going on too long, Kristen.  What we need to do is get some information from you so we can check our records to see how messages are going out to that number.  It is odd that the PCS number is the only one affected.
In the meantime, please complete the troubleshooting steps here http://vz.to/MLDgRr
Please be on the lookout for a direct message from me.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
Deltabreeze
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello

I am still unable to send a regular text message to my friend who has Metro PCS.  I can only send them MMS text message.  They don't have any issue with other verizon customers, just mine.  I'm thinking there might be something on my phone preventing that function.  This is like my fifth replacement phone for other various reasons.  I have no problems sending text messages to other carriers, just Metro.  How can we resolve this issue?

0 Likes