Calls connect, but do not receive or transmit audio
Halberdman

Hi all, I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S6 earlier this summer and have had absolutely no problems until just recently. About a week ago I started having an issue where calls (both incoming and outgoing) would not transmit or receive audio. Upon initiating or answering a call, I get the three pitch sequence that indicates the beginning of the call, but then there is no ring tone or any audio at all. Outgoing calls will connect, as tested with a second cell phone, but have the same issue. I initiate the call and receive the three pitch sequence followed by complete silence. The other phone sees that I am calling and answers, and then they cannot hear anything from my end and vice versa. This process is 100% reproducible and applies with any number I call or that calls me. Incoming calls ring normally, but upon hitting 'answer', we get the same results of completely blank audio in both directions.

I have already tried a soft reset and two factory resets, making sure that 'auto-restore' is unchecked on the second one, and the phone is in perfect physical condition. All other functions are working normally. The speakers can play music, and the microphone receives audio for functions like voice-to-text or ok google. It is exclusively an issue with the Phone function. All audio settings are turned up to max in the Audio section of my settings menu and I re-flashed the firmware using Samsung Smart Switch and firmware version G920VVRU4BOG9, android version 5.1.1 just now and the issue has persisted.

I'm out of ideas, and both the troubleshooting tool and various google searches have yielded nothing useful. Any suggestions anyone?

0 Likes
Re: Calls connect, but do not receive or transmit audio
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Utilize the 12 month manufactures warranty. A factory reset should have solved this, but just to verify, you've tried multiple numbers both incoming and outgoing? It's for ALL calls?

0 Likes
Halberdman

Three seperate numbers incoming, four outgoing, repeated the same number twice in both directions and all calls yielded the same result.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

That's a good troubleshooting amount, if it were me I'd probably dial Verizon from my device, call up a couple shops JUST to make sure, which I doubt it will change anything, but then use the manufactures warranty and get a replacement. I've been sent replacement phones that had this same issue, so it does occur.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wow, Halberdman. You have certainly been super thorough! Thanks for trying all those steps already. The fact that all of your other audio features are working on the device is definitely encouraging. The three tones you hear when the call connects also adds to a little clue. When placing or receiving a call, have you had the opportunity to either try the call in speakerphone mode or with a hands-free headset (corded or Bluetooth)? Does this audio trouble occur only when at a particular location or in a certain zip code? Do you see an icon in your notification bar that resembles a house?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

playtimedjp

Have you been able to resolve the problem?  I am having the exact same issue.  I have not done a factory reset or anything with the firmware, but it appears that is not a resolution.  I've had the phone since 6/28/15 with no other problems.  As a response to the Verizon Support in this thread, my calls have been in multiple zip codes and I have the same response whether I'm using bluetooth through my car or using the phone in speaker mode outside the car.  All other phone features work.

0 Likes