Blocking a number doesn't work?
Jdmaka
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had to block a number about a week and a half ago. I blocked it through my phone options but I also blocked it through my verizon. Now I know that the block is a temporary one, lasting only 90 days. However lastnight I received a text, two calls and a voice-mail from this person. They are all from the same number, the one that I blocked. I thought that the one from Verizon was supposed to block all means of communication? Help?

Labels (1)
Re: Blocking a number doesn't work?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jdmaka, the blocking service is a great way to avoid unwanted calls/messages. It is rather concerning to learn of the current issues. We would like to take a look over the account to ensure that everything has been set up correctly and working properly. Please feel free to reach out to us directly either by chat or by calling in at your earliest convience: http://vz.to/1g1mHjf

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HDBDC

I'm having the same issue.   I'd like to know how/if this issue was resolved.

Somebody sent me a text from a number I don't know a couple nights ago.  I ignored it, but the next day I received a group text from the same number.  I texted them that they had the wrong number. That's when I blocked the original number using the myverizon app.  I continued to get texts and pictures from the same number plus one of the others in the group.  I added the new number to the block list, but was still harassed by both of them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting unwanted messages can be frustrating HDBDC. Let’s get these messages stopped once and for all. Did you add these numbers to the call and message blocking feature we have online via My Verizon? What make and model phone do you have? Are you using a third party messaging app or the stock messaging app on your phone?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HDBDC

Hi, I think it may have taken 24 hours to take effect or they just got tired of me ignoring them because I haven't gotten anymore messages from those numbers. Yes, I am using the stock messaging app on my Galaxy S5 model SM-G900V. First I used the myverizon app on the phone. Then I went onto my Verizon through the Internet site from my iPad.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HDBDC, how are things working for you now? Are you able to get all your messages correctly, and keep the ones you have blocked out? Are all your devices working simultaneously? Verizon Messages Plus is a great app, and has loads of features that let you set it up the way you want it. Here is a link http://vz.to/1Na5kdr  for all the features it offers, just in case you would like to reference it.

CheriS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HDBDC

There is no "correct answer" button here, but yes, everything is working fine. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
Tygarc-24

I am having the same issue. I blocked numbers through My Verizon but still can receive messages. My son can still send texts and calls to the number as well. 

0 Likes
SynthpopAddict

The block might only apply to your phone and not your son's even if his line is under your account.  The link below has some information on how to block unwanted texts:

https://simpletexting.com/blog/block-text-messages/

-------------
I'm not a Verizon employee, just another customer trying to help.
0 Likes
KH-cathy29811

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

0 Likes