Backup assisstant overrode current contact information
imtheschmit

My current phone was stolen, and while waiting for a new phone to be sent, I activated a very old flip phone to just use temporarily.  Immediately after I activated the phone with my number, Backup Assistant fired up and apparently overrode my current contacts that were stored in the cloud.  No contacts were deleted, but contacts which were updated with a new number reverted back to the old one.  Is there any way to undo this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup assisstant overrode current contact information
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

imtheschmit,

We're sorry to hear about your previous device, but glad that you had a spare to activate in the meantime. We definitely want to make sure you have all your new contacts for when your replacement arrives. When restoring data from the Cloud it should sync those contacts that would already be backed up to the device that you would be activating. Have you logged in online to manage your cloud to see the contacts have also been modified?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes