Why can't I sync e-mail or connect to Facebook?
KevinsSweetie325

Ever since phone updated, my e-mail both Comcast and GMail will not Sync except on WiFi. Also my facebook keeps telling me it can't connect to retry. My network seems to be working fine because I can get on google and search or do anything else network related. What is going on? How do I fix this? And I hope Factory Reset is not the solution because I don't want to have to start from scratch after years of having a phone. I will go back to a dumb phone if that happens because Smart phones are becoming more of a pain than they are worth.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone Won't Sync E-mail & Tells Me Facebook Can't Connect when I have a connection
Snn5
Legend

You may need to factory reset at this point.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Phone Won't Sync E-mail & Tells Me Facebook Can't Connect when I have a connection
Snn5
Legend

Exactly what update are you speaking of?  The Razr MAXX hasn't been updated since Jan 2014.

0 Likes
KevinsSweetie325

Sorry just looked at my account. My phone is a Motorola Droid Maxx. Anyway. It did a system update about a week ago and now having trouble.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Oh, Droid Maxx, not Droid Razr Maxx. 

Try this:

Press Volume Down to select Recovery then press Volume Up. From the Droid triage screen: Press and hold Volume down. Select wipe cache partition then press the Power button.

0 Likes
KevinsSweetie325

What do you mean press volume down? I press the button and it just turns down the volume. Should I be in a certain area when I press it?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I'm sorry, part of my post didn't appear.  Make sure the phone is OFF.  Then try the above.

0 Likes
KevinsSweetie325

I get to the recovery screen. Then the next screen says No Command. I hold the Volume Down but nothing ever happens.

0 Likes
KevinsSweetie325

I get to the recovery screen. Then the next screen says No Command. I hold the Volume Down but nothing ever happens.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You may need to factory reset at this point.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KevinsSweetie325 I appreciate everything you have tried so far. Snn5 has some excellent advice about clearing the cache partition. It is actually in the same area as the factory reset. Since you may need both, I am going to share the link for the factory reset with you here. http://spr.ly/6584ButoC
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

0 Likes