Why does the screen go blank when I open a text message?
Leahzucks

I purchased a galaxy s6 2 days ago. It is brand new. I am using the verizon messages rather than the stock messages for texting. Everytime I reiceve a text, I will get the notification and when I go to open that conversation the screen will go blank! I have to always press the back key to go back to the stands of text to re-enter that conversation again!

Is this an issue with my phone or the app? do I need to return this phone already??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My verizon messenger goes blank!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Leahzucks, the S6 is one awesome device. Congrats on your new phone. I own the S6 Edge,which is a very similar phone, and also use Verizon Messages.

Your experience is definitely not common, so let's help get it working correctly. By chance have you reviewed to ensure that Verizon messages is fully up to date?

This can be tested by going to the Play Store, and searching for Verizon Messages.

If it is updated, I recommend uninstalling the currently installed updates, and starting fresh. Settings>Application Manager>All>Verizon Messages>Clear Cache and Data > Uninstall Updates

Please keep us posted
NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Leahzucks, the S6 is one awesome device. Congrats on your new phone. I own the S6 Edge,which is a very similar phone, and also use Verizon Messages.

Your experience is definitely not common, so let's help get it working correctly. By chance have you reviewed to ensure that Verizon messages is fully up to date?

This can be tested by going to the Play Store, and searching for Verizon Messages.

If it is updated, I recommend uninstalling the currently installed updates, and starting fresh. Settings>Application Manager>All>Verizon Messages>Clear Cache and Data > Uninstall Updates

Please keep us posted
NicandroN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Leahzucks

Thanks so much I will try this!

On Nov 13, 2015 1:47 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great, I'm thrilled they were able to assist Leahzucks.  If you have other questions, please let us know. 
MatthewT_VZW

0 Likes