Why doesn't my device offer suggested words when I type a text?
i_mlost

the phone used to offer words as i typed a text message now it doesn't

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: the phone used to offer words as i typed a text message now it doesn't
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

i'mlost

I use my predictive text all the time! Lets get this working for you again. When did you first notice this happening? When you type an email, do you see the words there? Please check the current version you are on by going to settings >> general >> about >> version.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

i'mlost

I use my predictive text all the time! Lets get this working for you again. When did you first notice this happening? When you type an email, do you see the words there? Please check the current version you are on by going to settings >> general >> about >> version.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jellokitty
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, excuse me if this is a dopey answer and you've already tried this, but this used to happen to me too until my daughter showed me what to do. 🙂  When you bring up the keyboard to type out a message, you should see a small white bar over the "t" and "y" keys, under the larger bar where your typed letters appear.  If you touch that bar and swipe up, the word suggestions should appear.  You can swipe back down from the word suggestions to make them disappear.