Why has my battery been draining so fast since I updated?
richy250rr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just recieved new software update and battery life is only 5 hrs. Before update battery lasted about 30 hrs. What s the deal

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Update
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Make sure all of your applications are up to date, and be sure to clear the cache by going to Settings > Storage > Tap on "Cached Data" and click OK to clear. You may also want to reboot and clear the /cache partition from the phone's recovery menu if you so desire.

After a software update, do these steps and then reboot the phone entirely. This allows for any post-update items to be addressed and for the phone to resume normal operation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
slapapham2129
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue - battery on my LG2 was great - now its dying

Dojomom1234
Enthusiast - Level 1

I installed the update on my LG G4 phone now my battery drains just in stand by I may get 7 hr if that.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

richy250rr,

5 hour battery life makes it tough to get through the day. Software updates can take few days for your phone to get back to normal. What phone do you have?
DerekRRRRR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Make sure all of your applications are up to date, and be sure to clear the cache by going to Settings > Storage > Tap on "Cached Data" and click OK to clear. You may also want to reboot and clear the /cache partition from the phone's recovery menu if you so desire.

After a software update, do these steps and then reboot the phone entirely. This allows for any post-update items to be addressed and for the phone to resume normal operation.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

slapapham2129 Battery life is so important. Let’s get you back to great. Did this happen right after the update? Have you made any other changes or installed any applications recently? Sometimes software updates don’t sit well and the phone needs to go through a Factory Reset. http://vz.to/1NWOAWa
JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rust_Key
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem appears to be with the email portion of the update.   My constantly syncs even with I turn sync off.  Battery is trashed in less than 8 hours.

0 Likes