Why can't I recieve messages from iPhone users after switching?
angiemae

I just had to buy a new phone because my iphone wouldn't charge anymore. I got a LG Transpyre and just after I activated it, I got a message saying that I need to change my message settings on my iphone so that imessages will now come through as a regular text message. However, my iphone died and it won't charge so I can't change any settings. How do I get around this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I can't receive messages from iphones after switching from an iphone to a lg transpyre
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there angiemae,

It is sad to hear that your iPhone stopped working, but I am glad that you were able to get a new phone and stay in contact. Rest assured, the text troubles can be solved very easily. All we have to do is get your number unregistered from the iMessage servers. This can be done by sending a text message from your number, with the word "Stop" to 48369. Within 10-15 minutes, the number should be removed from the iMessage servers and you should be all set from there. Please keep us posted if you need further assistance.
LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I can't receive messages from iphones after switching from an iphone to a lg transpyre
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there angiemae,

It is sad to hear that your iPhone stopped working, but I am glad that you were able to get a new phone and stay in contact. Rest assured, the text troubles can be solved very easily. All we have to do is get your number unregistered from the iMessage servers. This can be done by sending a text message from your number, with the word "Stop" to 48369. Within 10-15 minutes, the number should be removed from the iMessage servers and you should be all set from there. Please keep us posted if you need further assistance.
LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes