How do I track a lost android device?
flomor69

My son lost his phone.... I know there's a way to find lost I phones, is there anything similar for android?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: is there any way to track a lost android
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try the Google Android Device Manager:https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager

The device Manger may be automatically configured on your device by Google, and should be useful. You will need to sign into the Google account used to backup your phone and purchase apps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a fantastic question, flomor69. Knowing where your phone is always important. You would be able to locate the device if you have Total Mobile Protection on the account (which is insurance). There are 3rd party applications that are out in the Google Play Store that would have that ability. They would need to be downloaded and set up before a device is lost/stolen. What kind of device do you currently have? Please keep us posted.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try the Google Android Device Manager:https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager

The device Manger may be automatically configured on your device by Google, and should be useful. You will need to sign into the Google account used to backup your phone and purchase apps.

0 Likes
KrishJ

As suggested by smith6612 you could use android device manager to locate the device

or
Upon sign in google.com type in 'find my phone' in the google search bar.

This will bring the google maps with a drop down of all the android devices that was used with this account. You should be able to select the device that you look for and it would tell you where your device is located.

More information can be found in below links

Find your device using Android Device Manager - Accounts Help

Remotely ring, lock, or erase a lost device - Accounts Help

0 Likes