How do I stop a sim card failure on an iPhone 6 plus?
gbcarter1805
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just purchased iPhone 6 Plus last week and getting SIM failure and it says Invalid SiM

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sim Failure on iPhone 6 plus
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I assume it was working at some point and then this started? Try removing the SIM card, gently wiping the contacts with a soft cloth and then reinserting it. You may also try resetting the phone by holding the home button and lock button simultaneously until the Apple logo shows on the screen to see if that helps. If neither thing works you may need to request a new SIM card. If you go to a Corporate Verizon store they will give you one for free (some authorized retailers will charge you) or you can call Verizon to have them send you one for free.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I assume it was working at some point and then this started? Try removing the SIM card, gently wiping the contacts with a soft cloth and then reinserting it. You may also try resetting the phone by holding the home button and lock button simultaneously until the Apple logo shows on the screen to see if that helps. If neither thing works you may need to request a new SIM card. If you go to a Corporate Verizon store they will give you one for free (some authorized retailers will charge you) or you can call Verizon to have them send you one for free.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! That's certainly not the start I want to see you have with your new phone, gbcarter1805.Are you using the SIM that came with the iPhone or one from a previous device? Are you traveling in an area different than when you first activated the phone? Have you had a chance to try power the phone down, remove the SIM put it back in, then power on your phone?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes