How do I change the notification sounds?
nelzp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just bought the S6 edge+ and I'm using Messaging+.  The notification sound it uses is the system notification I selected.  I like to keep that as silent.  How do I change the notification sound in just Message+ for all contacts?  Changing it under system settings/sound and notification/Ringtones and Sounds/Message notifications doesn't work.  Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Notification sound?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It needs to be changed in the app's settings, i.e., open the app, then tap the three dots in the upper right-hand corner, then tap Customize.  Scroll down to Tones, then tap it and choose your preferred ringtone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It needs to be changed in the app's settings, i.e., open the app, then tap the three dots in the upper right-hand corner, then tap Customize.  Scroll down to Tones, then tap it and choose your preferred ringtone.

0 Likes
nelzp
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you.  I kept going to the 3 lines on the top left and chose settings.  It would make sense to me that it would be there.  I didn't realize the top right section you listed.  Thanks again for your help.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

One of the latest app updates moved some of the settings from the Settings section to that Customize section for whatever reason.  I agree that it makes more sense to have all settings in the Settings section. 

0 Likes