Straight Talk to Verizon porting issue
wkcherry

My wife and I had been Straight Talk customers for about 4 years. Last Friday, she decided to switch to Verizon when Target was offering a rebate. She selected an iPhone 6s and the Verizon rep in Target activated and ported her ST number with no problem. The next day, I decided I wanted an iPhone as well, so we went back to the same store and I selected the 6 Plus (the 6s Plus wasn't available). However, when the rep tried porting my number, he said there was an issue and he had to set up the phone with a temporary number. He asked if I had ever been a Verizon customer with the old number. I had it for over 10 years with Alltel (and later AT&T), but I don't recall ever using Verizon. I was told we need to contact Verizon and they would have to port the number.

Since my wife is the primary account holder, she contacted Verizon that day to get the process going. Nothing had changed by Wednesday, so she contacted them again. This time, they put her on hold to contact Straight Talk. After talking to Straight Talk, the VZW rep told my wife that it would take 24 hours for the port to take place. The next day, yesterday, I noticed that my old phone number no longer showed on my Straight Talk account. However, the number still hasn't ported to Verizon as of today. I have tried rebooting my phone as well.

Has anyone had this issue where the number was released by the previous carrier but still hasn't ported to Verizon 24-plus hours later?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Straight Talk to Verizon porting issue
Snn5
Legend

Porting from an MVNO, like ST or Boost/Virgin or Cricket, etc...can take some time.  Took me 2 days and calling this number to rectify:  Verizon Porting Dept. ( 888-844-7095)  Make sure you know your ST account number or PIN/password (usually your phone number) before you call Verizon.

0 Likes
wkcherry

Thanks. I think that was the number my wife called on Wednesday. But we will keep trying.

I did forget to mention I checked the port status on this page: Transfer Your Phone Number - Switch to Verizon Wireless and it said it could not locate a port request for that number. It also said my number is eligible though.

0 Likes
Kelly6636

I’m on day nine with Verizon and my number still hasn’t completely ported from ST. I’m not get all my text and calls. I can only call and text certain people. I’ve chatted and talked to Verizon and a ticket was opened last Thursday and still nothing.  For some reason if I attach a photo or screenshot my message will go through and people have to respond in the same manner. It terrible paying for service you can’t use.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Kelly6636. We are very sorry to hear about the trouble you have been experiencing with ensuring that your phone number is fully ported over to Verizon Wireless to use. We definitely want to ensure that your phone number is ported to Verizon Wireless successfully. So that we are updated, can you please share with us the steps you took to port your phone number to Verizon Wireless? -Brett

0 Likes