Wireless Printer Issues with 4G Router
rocketfoot

I have an HP Office Jet 8625 wireless network printer.  Ever since we started using the 4G Router from Verizon, the printer works fine for about 15 minutes than it completely freezes and flashes printer error.  I tried taking this up with HP and they ended up saying that it was defective hardware inside the printer after going through all sorts of troubleshooting including a static discharge process.  So they sent me a new printer. 

Well, the new printer is having the same exact issues.  This time I tried some troubleshooting on my own.  Since wireless didn't work, I tried using an ethernet connection to the router.  This appeared to work, but the same exact thing happened after about the same amount of time with the wireless connection.  Then to rule out a defective printer and maybe a potential issue with the computer, I connected the printer via USB to the computer.  It works perfectly fine. 

So the issue isn't with the printer (although, the printer should work with ANY router) because when we had high speed internet through our cable company, it worked flawlessly. 

When we switched to Verizon 4G Router is when all the problems started. 

Any ideas what I can do to get this printer working with this router?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wireless Printer Issues with 4G Router
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate you reaching back out to us. Rocketfoot. This is the info we needed. I believe I found a solution that can help out. What may be going on is a conflict via the IPv settings.

Please login to your Router's admin page > go to Settings > Advanced > LAN > and please uncheck the box for IPv6.

Please make sure that IPv4 is checked, as well as DHCP, and that the DHCP settings are set to default.

Once you save these changes, your router will restart. You may need to restart your printer, but it should now remain connected to your wireless network with no further freezing issues.

Please keep us posted!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rocketfoot, wireless connections help keep all our devices in sync, with less messy wires going around.

A wireless printer is definitely helpful in home, so let's see what we can do to help get your printer and router in sync.

To start off, which 4G router model are you using?

NicandroN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rocketfoot

4G LTE Broadband Router with Voice

SKU# NOVT1114

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 9:21 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate you reaching back out to us. Rocketfoot. This is the info we needed. I believe I found a solution that can help out. What may be going on is a conflict via the IPv settings.

Please login to your Router's admin page > go to Settings > Advanced > LAN > and please uncheck the box for IPv6.

Please make sure that IPv4 is checked, as well as DHCP, and that the DHCP settings are set to default.

Once you save these changes, your router will restart. You may need to restart your printer, but it should now remain connected to your wireless network with no further freezing issues.

Please keep us posted!

NicandroN_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rocketfoot

How do I log into the router's admin page?

On Wednesday, October 21, 2015, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry we didn't provide this information, rocketfoot. You can access the Admin Page here: http://192.168.1.1 

VanessaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
rocketfoot

Your solution fixed our problem. Awesome work! Someone should tell HP the

solution because they sent me a new printer thinking there was something

wrong with the printer.

On Saturday, October 24, 2015, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes