Why is my iPad constantly roaming now?
Rb24

IT has never done this before, and this is not a new location?

i Have a prepaid data plan, am I using more by roaming?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is my iPad constantly roaming now?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rb24-

We want your tablet to get the best possible signal without alarming roaming indicators. Let's gather some more info to ensure this gets resolved for you. What zip code are you in? By chance, do you know if other Verizon Wireless customers are experiencing the same roaming issue at this location? Please keep us posted.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rb24

we are not having a problem with a different iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rb24,

Thank you for the additional information. Let's work together and figure this out. Looking at your area it does show you should have good coverage. Just to clarify has there been any recent updates on your device? When did this start for you? Is this happening indoors, outdoors, or both?
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rb24

we went camping over the weekend, and that is when we first showed up. I assumed it was because of the area. When we got home, it didn't go away. I have rebooted my iPad, and downloaded the latest iOS update. Neither has helped.

please advise if I will have extra charges because of roaming

thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would also be concerned if my iPad was showing Roaming Rb24. Lets get this corercted once and for all.Which model iPad do you have? Can you verify the zip code to the location you went camping in? If you tap on Settings<cellular data<is data roaming enabled? If so, please disable and advise if the roaming icon has dissappeared.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rb24

the model is A1397

we were camping in 80118

when I am able to use wifi, "roaming" disappears from the upper right corner. If wifi is not available, I have to turn on cell service and enable roaming. If I do not enable roaming when on cell service, I cannot get online

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets continue troubleshooting and get your iPad working correctly Rb24. I verified the location you went camping is not a roaming area. However, you were close to a no service area.  Can you try removing and reinserting the SIM card from your iPad then test. For directions on how to remove the SIM card click, http://vz.to/1Pddjpm

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW

0 Likes
Rb24

This model (A1397) does not have a SIM card slot

0 Likes
Rb24

Also, PLEASE let me know, am I being charged more while roaming?

0 Likes