Galaxy S3 water damage
ladeisher

My S3 went through wash & screen swipe isn't working. Tried rice, dissassembling & cleaning w/alcohol, no luck. How can I tell if text messages r saved on cloud to trsfr when I get a new cell??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S3 water damage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ladeisher,

We certainly appreciate you giving that a shot. Unfortunately if the messages were not backed up prior to the device being damaged, there would be no way to recover them. The good news is that any currently saved messages can be restored when you activate another device on your line.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ouch, that hurts me just to hear that ladeisher. As it bring back memories for me too because I’ve been there before. We can absolutely try to find the options for you to get your messages restored to your new phone. With Verizon Cloud, you may go online to see the application via My Verizon and see if you signed up for Messages back up in settings. Or if you are signed up for Integrated Messages (also known as Verizon Messages) they should all be backed up for you. Are you signed up for that service? Also have you managed your Verizon Cloud content online before? 

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ladeisher

Just signed up for Verizon messages a week ago but appears messages prior

are not in cloud.

On Saturday, October 17, 2015, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It looks you are having quite a time with the phone. If you installed Verizon Messages you can view them online to see any messages that may have been sent over the past 90 days. http://vz.to/1lE6tgE

Do you know if you have insurance to get the phone replaced?

TamaraH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ladeisher

I installed Verizon messages on our I pad but it only pulled messages fr

day of installation forward...nothing prior, not even those that were

unopened. Don't have insurance. Bought new phone, just want access to old

messages.

On Oct 24, 2015 11:00 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ladeisher,

We certainly appreciate you giving that a shot. Unfortunately if the messages were not backed up prior to the device being damaged, there would be no way to recover them. The good news is that any currently saved messages can be restored when you activate another device on your line.

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes