3 Way Conference Calling
Crissy21

Does anyone have issue when on a 3 way conference call and wanting to end one of the calls but can't, and have to end the entire call??? I been experiencing this for sometime now & though it was the phones but is actually Verizons service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 3 Way Conference Calling
Weth
Legend

go to My Plan and Services

CLick on Producst and apps

Click on Manage Apps

Click on Free Apps

Add Advanced Calling, if not already added.

Now on your phone, go to settings/cellular/ and on the Enable LTE setting, change it to Voice & Data

When in a call, look for the i button, which will allow you to select which call to disconnect.

How to Make Free iPhone Conference Calls

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yes, it is a limitation of CDMA.

WHat hat phone do you have? With iPhone 6 and 6s versions, if you have advanced calling turned on for voice over LTE (VoLTE), you can conference up to 6 lines and the drop the entire conference problem goes away since you are using the progression of GSM technology at that point. 

Tidbits
Legend

Yes it's a CDMA limitation. The person who wants out has to hang up. If the person who initiated the call hangs up it kills the call.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Crissy21, when on an important call it is important to be able to end the part that is needed. We would certainly be glad to look into this for you. What make and model phone do you have?
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Crissy21

Hello LorenB,

Thanks for your reply. I currently have and Iphone 6, and since I've had the Iphone 5 & 6 with Verizon I also had an issue when on a 3 way conference call and wanting to hang up one of the callers without out ending the entire call, it doesn't give you an option to do so, you have to hang up the entire call. I was told with Tmobile & AT&T when on a conference call you can tap the caller you want to end the call with and still remain with the other caller on the phone, but with the Verizon service it don't give you the option to do so, and I been a customer with you all for 2-3yrs.

Thanks,

Crystal

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Crissy21 Please see my reply above.

You have an iPhone that supports advanced calling. Go to settings/Cellular/Enable LTE switch - Change that to Voice & Data. You may need to add Advanced Calling 1.0 on your My Verizon features (it is free).

Once you do this, your phone will support up to 6 caller conference calls, and you get rid of the limitation about not being able to just drop one caller.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Crissy21, thank you for sharing your phone model. While other makes and models do offer options to end part of that conference call, the iPhone on our network does not offer the seperate end call option. While the phone physically is capable, because of the design of our network, this option is not currently available to the iPhone.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Verizon Wireless Customer Support

@LorenB_VZW

The iPhone 6 with advanced calling does have the option to end individual calls on conference call with Advanced calling!  I just did it and it works great. 

0 Likes
Crissy21

How do I setup the advanced calling on the iPhone 6.

Thanks,

Crystal

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

go to My Plan and Services

CLick on Producst and apps

Click on Manage Apps

Click on Free Apps

Add Advanced Calling, if not already added.

Now on your phone, go to settings/cellular/ and on the Enable LTE setting, change it to Voice & Data

When in a call, look for the i button, which will allow you to select which call to disconnect.

How to Make Free iPhone Conference Calls

0 Likes