Unlimited data price increase(Greedy Verizon)
ddiceman
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you go through with the 20.00 per line price increase for us grandfathered unlimited data customers most of us will leave!  1% of 100 million is a lot.  Think about the planned price increase in November.  AT&T will be getting my business if you do it.  I will never come back to you either if this goes through!  Six long years and this is how I am treated.  Quit being greedy and leave the plans alone!

Labels (1)
Re: Unlimited data price increase(Greedy Verizon)
pherson
Champion - Level 1

So you will go to a carrier who doesn't offer unlimited data. How smart is that?

Unlisted_Number
Enthusiast - Level 2

How much data are you using in a general bill cycle? Most new plans can cover the average user's data while giving the tools to be able to manage it effectively. The more everything plans are of the better benefit in my personal opinion because then you'll still be able to use the 2 yr upgrade option instead of being forced onto the device payment program.

0 Likes
ddiceman
Enthusiast - Level 1

How smart is paying 240.00 more a year?  I guess you have lots of extra cash to throw at greedy verizon!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

There are no More Everything plans anymore.  No more contracts either for new customers.  Current contract customers can get back into a contract in-store only, pay the upgrade fees, and pay the $40 a month line charge, or choose to stay out of contract and pay the $20 a month line charge.  The DPP come out cheaper than contracts over 24 months, plus you can pay off the phone at anytime, skip the upgrade fees, and have no contract.

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

For those that are still on old Nationwide plans (this might apply to others to but not sure) a way to look at the $20 increase on the UDP is Verizon's way of charging a line access fee to customers that didn't have one at all. I've never paid a line access fee even when under contract so the $40/$20 never applied to me. Adding $20 to accounts like mine may be another way to slide that fee in...since if you switch plans you will have to pay either $20 or $40 anyway. Just a theory that may be way off lol.

0 Likes
bsoldier
Enthusiast - Level 1

I guess I have to get rid of my fios tv now because of the changes.

0 Likes
bsoldier
Enthusiast - Level 1

Other carriers offer better data plans and some AT&T and  T-Mobile..GSM phones which is a lot easier to buy on eBay  or other sites.  Finding CDMA phones are more difficult to find and more expensive

0 Likes
bsoldier
Enthusiast - Level 1

I heard sprint just bump their unlimited  $10.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

T-Mobile upped theirs last year $10. The price is only guaranteed for 2 years and then people who have the old data plan has to pay for the new plan. Rumor is T-Mobile may raise it again, but take it with a grain of salt.

0 Likes