Texts and msgs show up only w cell data on
LVee

While home on wifii i do not get all my text msgs.  When i leave the house and turn in cellular they appear hours later - what gives?!?  Same with my voicemail!  Apple camt assist. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texts and msgs show up only w cell data on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi LVee!

Let's make sure you're receiving your messages! Does the issue occur with standard messages or iMessages? When did the problem begin? Are you able to send messages via wi-fi? Current zip code?

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LVee

Hi there i believe its standard msgs.

I cannot send standard unless i turn on data.

This has been happening since i got this phone.

The zip is 08861.

Thanks i truly hope you can help bc its awful not getting back to people.

LVee

Sent from my Dumb iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LVee -

Thanks for sharing your Zip. We can get your device to the Smartphone it deserves. Messages are a real important part of owning a device. We took a look and see that coverage is great. No issues to report. Have you downloaded any New apps or Software? Any others having the same issue?
JacobV_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LVee

Yes my husband has the same issues.  Yes I have downloaded apps, etc. like anyone else, but we have had these issues since I can remember.

What can you do?

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LVee, thanks for the update. You did mention something very important in your statement when you stated that this has always been this way. Now when dealing with standard text messages, you are not able to turn off data on your phone. You may use WiFi instead of your data on your phone but when it comes to messaging, you would need to leave cellular data option on and still connected to WiFi for the things that need data. ( Example: Internet, data based applications)

If you are looking to ensure WiFi supersedes Cellular Data, then there is an option that was implemented in the new iOS update that allows you to turn off a feature called WiFi Assist in Cellular area in Settings. Once this feature is turned off, then it will only use data and you will not have to turn off Cellular Data. Can you try this for us to see if this resolves your issue? Please keep us posted.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LVee

I turned off Cellular Data and turn off Wi-Fi assist.  My niece left a voicemail.  I turned on cellular data and do not see her voicemail.

I have a limited data plan and would hate to suck it up when I leave the house.

Is this the only alternative??  I'm not sure this is working right - it's been 10 minutes since she has called.

Can someone just call me about this?

Thx

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for all your efforts, LVee. I'm sorry to see that we haven't yet found the soluiton. I've just sent you a direct message. Please have a look at it and respond there.

DionM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes