LED and other notifications will not work with 10/6/15 update galaxy core prime
carlben

Since the recent system update (10/6/15 - G360VVRU3BOH3) the LED notification light will not notify me of waiting emails, messages, and voicemails even they I have it set to do so. In addition, I no longer get email and message icons at the top of the screen when emails or messages are waiting even though it is set to do so. So I basically have to unlock my screen and go into the Icons for each to see if I have messages or emails. Can any one help me figure out how to get these things to work?

I have the Galaxy Core Prime.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LED and other notifications will not work with 10/6/15 update galaxy core prime
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting your notification is our goal. Let's reset the apps that are affected. http://vz.to/1LJj6ij repeat for all apps being impacted with the notification.

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: LED and other notifications will not work with 10/6/15 update galaxy core prime
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

carlben,

Being notified of your waiting messages is of the utmost importance. Email and text are a major form of communication these days so we want to make sure you are properly notified. Are you notified with the LED light when your device is charging or Low battery still? Have you tried unchecking the LED notification options, power cycling the phone, and rechecking the LED notifications and testing?

LindseyT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
carlben

Hi, Lindsey T,

I tried this several times and it didn't fix the problem. No matter what

settings I try, the blue LED light will not appear when my screen is

locked to inform me there is an email waiting. In addition, the email

icon (an envelop) never appears at the top of the notification panel as

it is supposed to.

Carl

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know its important to get your emails on time carlben. I'm sorry that step didn't work. Lets continue to work on this issue. I don't show this as a known issue with customers who have updated their software. Are you using any 3rd party apps that adjust or use your LED indicators?

KinquanaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
carlben

Not that I am aware of. I haven't added any apps since the update. I appreciate your help.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're very welcome! Lets take a look at your current settings. Are the LED indicators currently activate? This can often get reset after an update. ( Settings > Display > LED indcator > Notifications )
YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
carlben

Yes I have reset them several times.

0 Likes
carlben

And under Sounds and Notifications /Apps Notifications / Email I have it set to notify on the top of the notifications bar, which it also doesn't do.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Missing important messages is never acceptable, carlben. Let's keep working together to resolve this. Are the notification settings within the apps themselves (i.e. email, messages, etc) set in conflict with the general display notifications settings? This can be checked by going to each affected app, and go to menu - settings.

LynnD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
carlben

I have my email settings box checked to see receive notifications on the notification bar, which it used to do before the update. I used to see a little envelope icon to let me know I had an email waiting in addition to the blue LED light blinking. Neither works now. In other words I get no notification whatsoever now for emails when they arrive. As far as messages, I did get the green LED light blinking yesterday for one, but no icon on the notification bar.

0 Likes