Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge +
Janers08

I accidentally turned on the TTY mode on my phone and locked it, now I can't unlock my phone. Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge +
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
Janers08

I'm unable to unlock my phone in TTY mode. How do I unlock it?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

TTY Settings - Samsung Galaxy S® 6 / S® 6 Edge

[Device-Specific Instructions]

Note TTY Settings allow Text Telephone devices (TTYs) to be enabled so that hearing challenged customers can use the telephone by utilizing a visual, instead of auditory mode of communication.

1. From a home screen, tap Phone Home screen Phone icon (located in the lower left).
    Note If unavailable, navigate: Apps > Phone.
  2. From the Keypad tab, tap More (located in the upper right).
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap More settings.
  5. Tap TTY mode.
  6. Tap one of the following:
    TTY Off
    Disables all TTY settings
    TTY Full
    Enables all TTY settings
    TTY HCO
    Enables HCO (Hearing Carry Over)
    TTY VCO
    Enables VCO (Voice Carry Over)
0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Maybe I misunderstand.  You are locked out of the phone itself, as in, you cannot get the screen to unlock or you cannot turn off TTY?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Janers08!

Sorry to learn of the issues with turning off TTY. First, I'd like to ask you if you can get into the device at all? If so, go to apps, then settings from the home screen. Using two fingers ,you can scroll down to "accessibility" double tap it to open it, scroll down to "talk back" double tap it and double tap the toggle off.

Keep us posted on how that goes, thanks very much

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes