4G LTE Drops to 3G
Rip4luv
Enthusiast - Level 2

At my workplace, I, as well as my coworkers on Verizon Wireless, had really good 4G LTE for the past few years. However, for well over a month or so now, the 4G LTE has dropped to 3G. Not sure why this happens. Is there a way to find out if a tower is being worked on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Drops to 3G
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rip4luv,

I use my phone all day while at work, so I can imagine you do the same. So sorry to learn that you have been having trouble with your device. What zip code are you in? Is this only happening while indoors? Also, what make/model device do you have?

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rip4luv
Enthusiast - Level 2

92201 is my zip code. Also, it does happen only indoors. However, why would 4G LTE drop to 3G indoors all of a sudden after a great 4G LTE signal after a few years? My device is a galaxy s6 edge plus.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rip4luv, thank you for the details. The zip code itself does appear to have very good coverage. As to the signal, there are actually many factors that can affect that strength. Things from the number of individuals in the area that are using service, trees, shrubbery, changes in structures themselves or even new heavy machinery that may be in the building can all interfere with signal strength.

As we do want you to have the best service possible, are you receiving any error messages when trying to use data at this location?
LorenB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rip4luv
Enthusiast - Level 2

No error messages. It seems as if Verizon changed the tower frequency at their tower near my workplace.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad you aren't receiving any error messages Rip4luv. I know it can be a bit disappointing when your expectations aren't met. Indoor coverage can vary and can be dependent upon factors around you. Try powering your phone off and removing/inserting your sim card while indoors in effort to receive the best signal available indoors. You can view visuals here http://spr.ly/6586BuGca Thank you.

TominqueBBBBB_VZW

0 Likes