Picture messages not going through immediately
Tabi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using the Message+ app and when I send a Pic it just says sent and does not deliver for hours if at all. It is going to another Verizon customer who has an Iphone. I have the Galaxy S6. This just recently started happening. All other messages are going through are are showing that they have been delivered. What is going on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Picture messages not going through immediately
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand this being frustrating; I would be frustrated as well. When sending a picture message you expect it to be delivered in an appropriate time frame. I would recommend turning off the automatic updates for all applications, this way you have a better idea of what is updating and when because you have to do it manually.

•    From the Play Store Home screen, tap the Menu icon  
•    Tap Settings.
•    Tap Auto-update apps then select the following: Do not auto-update apps

I would like for you to also do the following to see if you have trouble sending a picture message http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-152233/. Once the phone is in Safe Mode send the picture to see how long it takes to be delivered. Also, send a message to yourself. In the TO filed enter in your ten digit number. Please let us know how long that takes as well.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I love sending picture messages on my phone, I am sorry to learn that you are having the trouble. Let’s figure out what is going on together. Do you have a lot of messages in the thread to this one particular individual? To make sure we are on the same page you are only having trouble with this one person who has the iPhone? Did you have an update to the Message + application?

TionnaB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tabi
Enthusiast - Level 1

There are not alot of messages to this particular person and only one picture. I do not recall when the last update to the app was. My apps update automatically. The same thing happened about a week ago with my mom and she has a galaxy too so i dont think its the phone. Is there a way to check to see if there was an update and if so, remove and set it to where it wont automatically update again. This is very frustrating!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand this being frustrating; I would be frustrated as well. When sending a picture message you expect it to be delivered in an appropriate time frame. I would recommend turning off the automatic updates for all applications, this way you have a better idea of what is updating and when because you have to do it manually.

•    From the Play Store Home screen, tap the Menu icon  
•    Tap Settings.
•    Tap Auto-update apps then select the following: Do not auto-update apps

I would like for you to also do the following to see if you have trouble sending a picture message http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-152233/. Once the phone is in Safe Mode send the picture to see how long it takes to be delivered. Also, send a message to yourself. In the TO filed enter in your ten digit number. Please let us know how long that takes as well.

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
Tabi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I sent a picture to a couple different people including myself in the safe mode like you suggested and they seemed to go through fairly quickly. I did turn off auto updates as well.

Not sure what was done but for now the problem is fixed. I will let you know if I experience more issues. Maybe the probelem was on their end.

0 Likes