When will Samsung Pay be available on Verizon Galaxy S6 and Note 5 devices?
Dregus311
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently bought a Note 5 with Verizon in large part because I need better app access (I was on Windows 8.1.1) and second due to the coming Samsung Pay. Of course I went to update on 28 Sept expecting that the firmware update would authorize Samsung Pay. This of course did not occur! Why is Verizon always last to authorize new tech? All other US carriers allowed Samsung Pay. There is no excuse for the delay other than Verizon's continued mistreatment of its customers by denying them access to new technologies in a timely manner. Verizon you did this with Windows Phone 8.1.1 as well as it took 9 months to release that update after it was released by MS. I can understand need for testing, but this stuff is ridiculous especially for high selling phones such as Samsung's S and Note series. When will you communicate with your customers and let them know time lines for expected release instead of being the totalitarian corporation you are so often accused of being?

Labels (1)
Re: When will Samsung Pay be available on Verizon Galaxy S6 and Note 5 devices?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Dregus311!

Great phone choice and I understand your anticipation to explore all of your device features! Samsung Pay will be supported on compatible Verizon Smartphone (Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+ and Note 4) through a future software update. When an update is available, details can be found here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/news.html

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes